Saturday, July 23, 2011

STAMPS: Chuckanut's Oyster Bar and France for nearly a month

Two more sleeps until the family heads south to Bellingham and Chuckanut Drive for one night. This excursion was planned for Boxing Day but had to be delayed when my daughter ended up in hospital for three weeks. Now she's well again we are on our way. We're staying at Chuckanut Manor in their two bedroom apartment for bed and breakfast and treating ourselves to dinner at the Oyster Bar, one of our most favourite restaurants in the Pacific northwest.

My daughter on the terrace
of the house in Aix


Mont Ste-Victoire
from terrace
Five more sleeps before I leave for France a week ahead of my husband. We're house-sitting for friends who live just outside Aix-en-Provence and while there also squeaking out two days in the Camargue. After that: three days in St-Malo, 36 hours in Paris, and a ride on the Eurostar to London for dinner with friends of fifty years. This trip has resulted in six or seven assignments for magazine issues in the fall 2011 through spring 2012. I shall be posting here regularly while in France so I don't forget important observations and reactions while I'm there.




            PHOTOS: (c) Julie H. Ferguson 2007
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment