Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PREHISTORIC HOT SPRINGS IN SOUTHERN FRANCE? MAIS OUI!


I went in search of the source of the hot springs in Aix en Provence in August 2011. It turned into a journey through history with some surprises that ended with a delicious lunch in a hotel garden overlooking the remnants of a medieval tower and a Roman wall.

My quest led me through the best of Old Aix, the beginnings of which are lost in antiquity.

You can read my story at Travel Writers Tales here and in several British Columbia newspapers. Hope you like it.

Related post:  Stamp #8: Aix en Provence 

IMAGES: Photos by Pharos (Julie H. Ferguson) 2011

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photographs Julie, I can almost hear the crickets ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci, Anyes. It was a wonderful summer in Provence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merci, Anyes. It was a wonderful summer in Provence.

    ReplyDelete