Friday, November 23, 2012

MARRIOTT SHADOW RIDGE, PALM DESERT, CA

I have been playing golf at the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Palm Desert since it opened over a decade ago. Staying here is also a great resort experience - Shadow Ridge has everything a guest could want - luxurious units, wonderful customer service, a championship, Faldo-designed golf course, pools, restos and a couple of bars. 

The views are breathtaking in all directions but especially from your balcony as the sun rises or goes down on the desert and Santa Rosa Mountains.

Words don't do the property justice, so here are some of the photos I took a week ago that show what I want to say:

Dawn overlooking the 16th fairway
Putting on the 15th
Looking up the 15th fairway 
The tricky 16th green

Images: 
(c) Photos by Pharos (Julie H. Ferguson) 2012
All rights reserved

***

Related articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time in Palm Desert! My husband and I were looking for places to golf in California! We were looking at Palm Desert vacation rentals and your blog came up! I think I may look at golfing here! Thanks so much for the great post and information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Brielle. The Palm Springs area has over 100 golf courses - some very expensive and others quite reasonable - so you have plenty of choices. High season is November to April, because the summers are blistering hot!! I hope you go and enjoy some of the best courses in the world...

    ReplyDelete